Website Design in Yorkshire – Redesigning your Website!
Things to consider when Redesigning your Website
Nothing quite compares to a fresh, new website design for your enterprise. It looks great, works flawlessly, and you can’t wait for your Web Design Yorkshire visitors to check it out.
Considering the seemingly endless advances in technology, many businesses may feel as though they need to constantly update their site to keep up. The search engine algorithm updates, new marketing techniques, new ways of browsing the web, and new applications can easily overwhelm and frustrate Internet marketers. So, how often should you upgrade or change your website design?
First, a look at the impact of changing your website design
Changing the website design, especially for those running on content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, affects your SEO. Changes in design, like in the template, graphics, logo, or images, while everything else remains unchanged, including site structure and navigation, should not affect your SEO or search engine ranking.
But when changing the structure and flow of how the website works, like moving from a CMS to HTML, it may affect your SEO and ranking. If the website design changes are intended to improve user experience, the short-term effect will be a drop in ranking. It will take a bit of time for Google to see and review the change, after which it should detect the positive changes and boost your ranking again, either to its original position or better.
So, if your web design yorkshire is ranking well but you are concerned that the design may be out of date or needs some upgrading, you may need to weigh your options. That said, many designers recommend a redesign every 18 to 24 months, though there are certain circumstances that should help you know when it is time to update.
A good reason to change the design
If you have never made any changes to your website since its construction, several years ago, you may be tempted to alter the design. Redesigning your web design yorkshire can help refresh your brand. This decision could be motivated by a change in your tastes, newly acquired technological knowledge, or perhaps the design is not ideal for your purpose. All these are good reasons for a redesign. Others include:
- To improve user-friendliness (UX/UI Responsive Web Design) – the appearance and usability of your website may be turning away potential customers. In that case, a redesign could improve regular visitor experience.
- For SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) – with regular changes to SEO tactics, bringing your website up to date may help you rank higher in search engine results. For instance, you could make the website lighter for faster loading speeds.
- To improve accessibility – today, consumers access the Internet from both desktops and mobile devices. So, your website should be responsive so users can access it from any device. Using scroll-down design instead of linking may also reduce the bounce rate.
- An upcoming event – when organising a festival, trade show, or other large event, changing sections of your website can help draw some more attention towards it. Changes in colour based on the season, or theme of your event could also help boost the brand image and positioning.
- New technology – outdated code can prevent users on mobile devices from accessing your website, and keep you from installing useful features that enhance user experience.
Redesigning Your Website Design
When redesigning your Yorkshire website design (or of course any website really), it is important that you try not to change the core, including URLs, especially if you already have a steady flow of traffic. A sudden change may cause confusion, especially if your users are not trained on the new system.