10 Tips For Growing a YouTube Channel – How to Get 10K YouTube Subscribers
Getting 10K Subscribers on YouTube and getting more YouTube subs may seem impossible but all it requires is a little hard work, it can be done! This article will outline my tips and tricks for gaining YouTube Subscribers.
Growing a YouTube channel can sometimes feel like you are hiking up a mountain with a rhino on your back. Everytime you stop to take a breathe you see other YouTubers outgrowing you and leaving you behind. It can get frustrating and almost kill your passion to make videos, DON’T GIVE UP! Here are my 10 Tips that got me to my first 10,000 YouTube Subscribers – YouTube Growth Strategy.
How to Get 10K YouTube Subscribers
1 – Set Your YouTube Expectations
Take a look at your personal goals or company brands goals for YouTube and adjust them accordingly. Not everyone can be Pewdiepie or BuzzFeed. As long as you understand that YouTube will take time and effort you will be setting yourself a reasonable foundation and realistic base to build our brand on. If you aim for a sensible goal you wont get disappointed and give up.
2 – YouTube Branding – Brand Continuity Attracts YouTube Subscribers
Learning How To Brand Your YouTube Channel is key to your success. If it a personal brand or a business brand name? Once you have decided what your channel name will be based on you can go you and grab the social media accounts to help your potential YouTube Subscribers to find you eg Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
3 – YouTube Channel SEO – Rank Your Channel to Gain YouTube Subscribers
How To Set Up YouTube Channel Optimisation SEO – Under the account setting you will see you can pick the channel core focus in channel tags. These tags should be summarised topics/tags you would want people to search to find you, for example – Beauty Tutorials, Whedon Fan, Funny News, Sports Reviews etc.
Also make sure you write a keyword packed About Page. This page is there to explain to someone who have never seen your videos what you do and how to find you. This of your About Page as a elevator pitch to gain more YouTube Subscribers.
4 – Pick your niche!
Are you a vlogger? Beauty Guru? Gamer? – Pick the topic your channel will be anchored in. It is ok to be random but you should always have one corr premise that you return to on a regular basis so YouTube Subscribers can explain to others what your channel does – “He’s a YouTube Gamer” – “She does makeup reviews and beauty tips.”
5 – YouTube Vlogging Recording Equipment
You don’t need to spend £1,000s to make videos on YouTube. Most YouTube Subscribers don’t care about your equipment as long as they can hear you clearly and see you clearly. I started with a £30 HD Webcam and later added some lights but you can use your smartphone and some sunlight.
6 – How often should I upload to YouTube? – Consistency wins YouTube Subscribers
Pick a day or days that suit you and don’t over post. Never do more than 1 a day unless your audience can watch them all. The biggest tip is consistency! If you are struggling to upload 2 videos a week but could guarantee 1, tell your YouTube Subscribers you will do 1 video a week and if they get a 2nd they will feel like its a bonus just for them!
7 – When should I upload to YouTube?
Tailor it to your audience. Are you viewers school age? Then upload the video after school time or early afternoon weekends. Take a look into your YouTube Analytics Demographics to see who are watching your videos and from which countries and tweak your schedule to match.
8 – Evergreen vs Topical Content – Long Term vs Short Term Growth
Decide if you are going to chase the news headlines and trending topics or go for the long term approach and want to add educational videos or list videos for commonly asked questions. Topical topics can get you immediate traffic but can also die off quickly. Evergreen can act as a new YouTube Subscribers honeypot, attracting you views over a longer period.
9 – Video Optimisation or YouTube Video SEO
Focus on your video titles, description and video tags. Ranking a YouTube video is very similar to ranking a website on Google. You need to write a compelling click worthy title, explain the video well in the description using keywords and then finally tie it all together with the youtube tags to help YouTube rank your video.
10 – NEVER GIVE UP!
Keep going, keep learning, keep trying and you will get there! YouTube is not easy and it not a quick fix. It will take time to learn and perfect your skills but when it clicks you can really see huge growth and brand engagement.
Want more help? Need more hands on assistance? Get in touch we do YouTube Coaching >>
Other Useful YouTube Tips Blog Posts
- How I Gained 10K YouTube Subscribers in 7 Months
- Get More Views with YouTube Playlist SEO (VIDEO)
- YouTube 101 & How to Grow a YouTube Channel
- 5 Tips For Getting The Most From Online Marketing
- How To Increase YouTube Views – YouTube Consultancy
- UNLIMITED YouTube Video Ideas – 3 Tips On How To Find Video Topics (VIDEO)
- Youtube SEO Guide: How to Rank #1 in Youtube
- Should I Buy YouTube Views and YouTube Subscribers?
- How to Tag Your YouTube Videos; Keyword YouTube Optimisation
- 5 Tips to Increase YouTube Watch Time and Audience Retention
- 10 Tips For Starting & Growing A YouTube Channel in 2017 (VIDEO)
- How to Gain YouTube Subscribers – YouTube Growth Strategy
- Sponsored YouTube Video Guidelines and Advice
- How To Create, Share and Collaborate With YouTube Playlists
- How To Add YouTube End Screens and Mobile Cards
- Royalty Free Music For YouTube – YouTube Audio Library
- How To Live Stream On YouTube – YouTube Live Streaming
- How Do YouTube Adverts Work?
- 5 Tips For New YouTubers – YouTube For Beginners
- YouTuber Blog Website & Why YouTubers Need Their Own Website
- START Making YouTube Videos TODAY! STOP DELAYING! (VIDEO)
- Should I Sub 4 Sub? How Sub4Sub Can HURT Your YouTube Channel (VIDEO)