Tips For New YouTubers Just Getting Started
YouTube has 1+ billion users. While not all are content creators, it’s safe to say that several million are uploading consistently, with thousands of new creators joining every day – Here are 5 Tips For New YouTubers to help them get started.
If you’re just starting out as a video creator, your first few videos will be buried among the millions of videos uploaded each week. So how can you increase your chances of being discovered amid the massive haystack that is YouTube?
1. Brand yourself early on
Say two people follow you on Twitter. One has the default ‘egg’ as their profile picture; one has a well-designed image. Which are you more inclined to check out and follow back?
One of the most important first steps you can complete as a new YouTuber is your branding. Attractive channel art can drastically increase the chances that a viewer will check out your other videos and subscribe.
2. Create a regular schedule
Just like popular TV shows, releasing your YouTube videos on a schedule can ensure that they get in front of the maximum amount of viewers. To start, aim to release one video per week, and be sure to tell your subscribers when to expect new content!
- Mention your schedule at the end of each video
- Include your schedule as part of your channel art
- Remind fans on social media
3. Strive for originality
Creating truly original content will be your biggest advantage when starting out—and no one can do that but you. At this very moment, there are more than 60 million Minecraft videos on YouTube. So if you’re set on creating gaming videos, for instance, spend time thinking about how you can make them stand out from the very large crowd!
Here are some more tips for new youtubers in our blogs!
4. Be patient about income
Everyone likes extra money. But when you first start out as a creator, it should be strictly to have fun and grow your audience. Most creators who are making a living from their content have spent years building up their channel and are seeing more than a million video views per month. So try to be patient and focus on creating amazing content, and it’s more likely that the money will eventually come.
5. Be yourself
It may be tempting to model your content after another successful creator verbatim. But that strategy can sometimes come off as fake—and audiences can tell. Whether you’re quiet, loud, or awkward, be yourself! No matter what type of personality you have, there will be people out there who will enjoy your content.
Finally, there’ll be plenty of time to refine. As you grow on YouTube, your style will grow as well. Listen to feedback from your viewers, and most of all, have fun. Good luck with your videos!
Want more help? Need more hands on assistance? Get in touch we do YouTube Coaching >>
Other Useful YouTube Blog Posts
- YouTube 101 & How to Grow a YouTube Channel
- 5 Tips For Getting The Most From Online Marketing
- How To Increase YouTube Views – YouTube Consultancy
- Youtube SEO Guide: How to Rank #1 in Youtube
- Should I Buy YouTube Views and YouTube Subscribers?
- How to Tag Your YouTube Videos; Keyword YouTube Optimisation
- 5 Tips to Increase YouTube Watch Time and Audience Retention
- 10 Tips For Starting & Growing A YouTube Channel in 2017
- How to Gain YouTube Subscribers – YouTube Growth Strategy
- Sponsored YouTube Video Guidelines and Advice
- How To Create, Share and Collaborate With YouTube Playlists
- How To Add YouTube End Screens and Mobile Cards
- Royalty Free Music For YouTube – YouTube Audio Library
- How To Live Stream On YouTube – YouTube Live Streaming
- How Do YouTube Adverts Work?